2. Look at this slide show to if you want to get an idea of what CVS is proposing to do:
Click here to see the presentation.
Some of the newest CVS plans are slightly different, but not that much.
3. Write letters to the Aldermen ASAP. Specifically address the rezoning. We suggest you put "201 N. Greensboro St. Rezoning" in the subject line. This is because of a quirky way local government works. The Aldermen will vote on 2 issues; The Rezoning and the Conditional Use Permit. The Alderman can only take comments on the Rezoning before the meeting, but not the permit.
- Policy 2.11: “Infill development should take place in a manner that...enhances neighboring areas.”
- Policy 2.42: “Development throughout Carrboro should be consistent with its distinctive town character. The town should adhere to policies that limit the widening of roads, encourage plantings alongside roads, preserve historic areas, buildings and older neighborhoods, and retain unspoiled green spaces and other natural areas.”
- Policy 3.1: “In the interest of environmental preservation, new commercial development must minimize negative environmental impact, it must emphasize appropriate buffers, and it must not compromise the integrity of established neighborhoods.”